GUIDANCE FOR POSTER PRESENTATION
1st- 4th Sep 2016: Santos ICSEMIS 2016
Guidance for Poster Presentation
Please note that accepted poster presentation will be displayed according to allocated numbers on a given day (full informations available in my page after 10th August).
Please read the following poster guidelines carefully:
We suggest you design your poster using the following sections:
Title, authors and address (at upper edge, across the width of the whole poster)
Posters must correspond directly to the original abstract submitted and must be written and presented in English, the official language of the Congress.
• Each poster must be maximum (not exceeding 90 centimeters (35.43") wide X 120 centimeters (47,24") high).
• Each poster must be produced in portrait format (landscape is not acceptable)
• Each poster must be produced on material that will easily attached to the poster board with cord to hang which you must provide
• Lamination of posters is recommended, but is optional
• Each poster must include the title, the name of the presenter and author(s), as well as institution/organization
• Do not use a dark background
• You can find where to display your poster in my Page.
• All posters will be displayed only one day from Thursday 1st to Sunday 4th September.
• It is not necessary for you to stay all the time in front of your poster, but you should be available during intervals in order to answer any questions.
• All posters must be removed at the end of the day. It is your responsibility to ensure the removal otherwise it may not be returned to you.
Time to fix the poster:
7am to 8am.
Time to remove the poster:
7pm to 8pm.
Note: You will not be allowed to fix or remove your poster outside the times above.
Note: Posters that are still exposed after 8pm will be removed by the organization.
Guidelines for Abstract Submissions
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically via the ICSEMIS 2016 website ( www.icsemis2016.org ).
- All abstracts must be written in English, and will be assessed by the Scientific Committee and assigned to the appropriate session.
- The presenting author should attend the congress and register online via the congress website by the Early Registration deadline.
- Submitting an abstract implies the following agreement of authors:
- - Inclusion of the abstract in the ICSEMISS 2016 program and abstract book that will be published. (Abstract book to be provided to authors either in print or on USB)
- - Presenting author’s attendance at ICSEMIS 2016.
Free Paper (Oral & poster)
- The ICSEMIS 2016 organizing committee invites you to submit your abstract for inclusion in the scientific program.
- Abstracts will be classified according to following categories.
|Genetics and sport|
|Governance and policy|
|Neuroscience and sport|
|Physical activity and health|
|Sport eligibility and inclusion|
|Sport ethics and integrity|
|Sport medicine and injury prevention|
|Sport and quality of life for adolescence and aging|
|Technology in sports|
|The athlete’s career|
Notification of Acceptance
- - Acceptance notifications will be sent to authors after 15 June (Wednesday), 2016 by e-mail and via the congress homepage (at My Page).
- - The decision of the Scientific Committee on the acceptability of the abstract is final. While an author’s preferences for either an oral or poster presentation will be considered, the committee may suggest an alternative format. No correspondence on their decision can be initiated by the authors.
- - The presenting author must reply to the acceptance notification in order to acknowledge receipt and confirm attendance.
- Abstract Modification or Withdrawal
- - Requests for the withdrawal of an abstract must be submitted via e-mail
Abstract Guidelines for Free Paper (Oral & poster)
- Abstracts should be written in English in a grammatically correct manner.
- Abstracts will be reproduced exactly as submitted and will not be edited in any way.
- Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the authors
- Authors must choose their category from the examples given.
- Abstract Titles
- - Abstract titles should be less than 30 words.
- - The abstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words.
- - The first letters of all words except for articles, prepositions, and conjunctions, should be in capital letters. All other letters should be in lower case.
- - Abstracts are restricted to 3.200 characters (including spaces, title, authors and institutions).
- - Abstracts should be structured into the following headings: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- - The case report should be written in the following format: background, case presentation, discussion (or conclusion).
- - Figures, tables, graphs and images are not allowed.
- - References and keywords must not be included.
- Names and affiliations of authors are to be listed.
- Please be sure to list the names of all co-authors, including the presenter, to prevent any omissions in the abstract file.
- If an author is affiliated with a hospital as well as university, please enter the name of the hospital for which he/she works.
- Please make sure to fill in the correct contact phone number, mobile phone number (Brazil only) and e-mail address of the presenter.
- The deadline for abstract submission is 31 May (Tuesday), 2016.
- Presenters and corresponding authors will receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of the abstract(s).
- In the case that a confirmation email is not received within 24 hours, please contact the secretariat.